Man dies in mysterious killing in Webuye
Written by Rosemary Wachiye
Read 868 Times
The residents view the home of the man who ws alleged to have been killed by his wife and left to rot for a week within the house. [ PHOTOS | Rosemary Wachiye | West Fm]
Residents of Webuye Town have been left in suspense after a resident of the area was mysteriously found burnt to death and his body rotting in one of the rental houses in town.
According to the neighbors, the middle aged man Mr. Humphrey Simiyu is alleged to have been murdered by his wife, Ms. Mary Mwende who went missing this Wednesday morning.
The neighbors revealed that a bad oduor had been emanating from that house for a couple of days since Sunday, but when they confronted Ms. Mwende she claimed that it was a foul smell of rats that she had killed using rat poison.
“We have smelled the foul for some time now and when we asked her she just brushed as off claiming that it was the smell of dead rats,” said a resident.
They also have revealed that the couple was having constraints and numerous domestic disagreements before the mysterious disappearance of the deceased.
The truth was only disclosed when one of the neighbor peeped through the window of the house and saw the body lying on the floor with its intestines outside with flies roaming all over it.
The area chief Mr. Misiko Barasa confirmed the happenings stating that he received the report on the incidence from a neighbor and went over to the scene to witness it himself.
“Neighbors say that the woman was living in the same house with it and was carrying out normal duties as usual to avoid suspicion, she however, tried to burn the body this morning and that is when the smell became strong and she left,” said Mr.Barasa.
Mr. Barasa called upon residents living in rental houses to be keen on the where about of their neighbors and be on the look for any weird characters that are to be reported to his office and the police with immediately for timely investigations to be carried out.
“If the neighbors would have notified us earlier as soon as they began suspecting, we probably would have caught her in the house unawares and therefore I need residents to make it their solemn responsibility to disclose strange behavior to us on time,” said Mr.Barasa.
He called for landlords to be on the lookout for their rentals so as to avoid such incidences from taking place in rental buildings.